Welcome to the Governors Page of the Olney Middle School Website.
Governors are the link between the school and the community and are representatives of all those with an interest in the well-being and reputation of the school. We are all volunteers working in our own time, and we all have the same aims and ambitions.
Olney Middle School Governing Body
Chair of Governors: Jane Richardson
Vice Chair: Hannah King
Other Governing Body Members: Glenn Young (Headteacher), Laura Bingley (Teaching Staff), Barbara Tate (Other Staff), Hannah King, Sofia Sanger, Stefanie Price, Sarah Leese, Ian Bacon, Gill Morrow.
What we do?
Governors have three key roles:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its children, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
To fulfil these roles we regularly undertake such task as:
- Ensuring that child receive high quality education and that the conduct of the school reflects this aim
- Working with the headteacher on the strategic planning and management of the school
- Considering and agreeing the aims and policies of the school
- Discussing and approving the targets for improvement
- Appointing the staff
- Setting and monitoring the budget
- Monitoring the performance of the school
- Reporting to the parents and community on how we have accomplished our tasks
- Attend school events such as celebration assemblies, parents evenings, sports day
- Working with the teachers and children such as school council, Governor Buddies
The governors can be contacted at school or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk to the Governors can be contacted via the school office.